Saturday, October 12, 2013

Turning the Corner

I want to take a moment and thank all of you who have read my posts up to this time and to those of you who have taken the time to encourage me to continue. I also wanted to thank those of you who have shared your thoughts with me on any of the things I have posted.

Thus far I've taken the time to describe my internal and external battle after the loss of some of my deepest dreams and desires. I have looked downward and inward. I believe now it is time for me to turn the corner in this blog and begin to look upward and outward.

I wish to describe my experience of recovery and healing. I wish to tell you about re-discovering hope and joy.

The first and most obvious question that comes to my mind as I sit here sipping my coffee is this. What am I to do with my abyss?

How do I move on in a way that is truly healthy and wise? In my last post I talked about how easy it is to ignore and medicate the abyss.

I've described at least in part, the power and horror we find within the abyss. So what is strong and powerful enough to overcome the the abyss? I think the root of power the abyss has, is the truth you find within it. So what is strong enough to speak hope into that truth? Is there anything that can? I believe so.

There are countless options of philosophies and ideas that can try to speak to this so how do I sort through the weeds?

There is an answer and there is something that can overcome the abyss and this is what I want to sort through with you in upcoming posts.

Thanks to all of you who have taken the time out of your busy schedule to read any of my posts. If you wish to be notified when I post, please let me know. Keep in mind you can follow this blog if you have a google+ account. 
You can PM me on FaceBook if you would like to be notified another way. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment